Missional International is seeking qualified candidates for a GIS Analytics Manager to serve on the Global Mapping Project team. The GIS Analytics Manager provides professional support in programming testing, implementing and maintaining geographic information systems to enable targeted global marketing efforts. The position calls for creating various maps, reports, charts and other materials from multiple layers of data; importing, updating and creating datasets; performing geospatial analysis; ensuring the integrity of geographic information systems data; reviewing data input for accuracy and complying with system standards; and providing cartographic products. As part of these duties, the manager serves as geodatabase administrator and plans, designs and implements relational databases through utilization of appropriate design tools. The ideal candidate has experience in geospatial analysis utilizing demographic and survey data.
Since Missional International is dedicated to advancing the mission of God in the world by providing data and research services to support missional strategy development, members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority-world professionals, and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have significant experience working with QGIS
- Expertise working with Census, ACS data sets.
- Ability to overlay maps with different layers
- Provide geospatial support to internal and external teams with data development, data scrubbing and analysis, on-line and hardcopy map creation, setup of ETL processes, training, and setup of field data collection apps.
- Create and maintain web map applications and prepare statistics on spatial and non-spatial data within relational databases
- Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using Python.
- Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using such tools as Sextante for QGIS, GeoKettle, GRASS
- Prepare and execute queries in spatial and non-spatial databases using MySQL, Postgres, Post GIS.
- Develop and maintain geospatial datasets including those stored in relational databases.
- Conduct end user training on GIS system
- Knowledge of Relational Databases 4 years
- Requirements Gathering 4 years
- MySQL Programming 4 years
- Geo Server 2 years
- Open Layers 2 years
- PostGres 2 years
- Post GIS 2 years
- QGIS 3 years
- Geo Node 2 years
- CSS/HTML 4 years
- Java scripting 4 years
- Python scripting 2 years
- GeoKettle 2 years
- ETL using open data tools 2 years
Other Minimum Qualifications
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in his/her own country of origin or beyond
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional International
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of the Missional International
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Information Systems, GIS or GIS-related field
- Applicants should have successfully completed 6 credit hours in geospatial analysis
- Ability to work independently, exercise initiative as a critical member of a team, and successfully function in a remote environment
- Willing to take a leadership role in the Evangelical GIS Society