The School of Ecological Mission at Missional University invites applications for an online faculty position in Conservation Ecology teaching courses such as:
- Conservation Biology
- Restoration Ecology
- Coastal and Wet Ecology and Management
- Theories of Ecological Sustainability and Resilience
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Ecology, Biology or related field (EDUCATION TERMINAL DEGREES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED) sufficient to teach undergraduate upper division and graduate level courses in Conservation Ecology. Applicants may teach online from anywhere on the globe and do not have to have US residency, but must be fluent in English and have a stable internet connection.
Since the Missional University is dedicated to training grassroots missional leaders in the evangelical tradition, administrative staff and faculty members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority world scholars, ethnic minorities, and recent doctoral graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional information about Missional University may be seen at http://missional.university.
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicants must have practical missions experience within their own country or beyond. Applicants must have a strong orientation to developing Conservation Ecology courses related to biblical foundations and the missio dei in the Christian scripture.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of eLearning courses relating to Conservation Ecology to prepare Christian believers for an ecological mission with a focus on ecology and biodiversity working in mission and denominational agencies, churches and other faith-based or non-profit organizations. The successful applicant will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with an instructional technologist to design, develop and deploy his or her own courses. Course development will begin immediately upon hire.
Qualifications and Skills
- Doctoral degree in Ecology, Biology or a related field (Ph.D.) or equivalent from an accredited university with specific courses in Conservation Ecology
- Practical ecological field experience in conservation ecology
- Teaching experience, preferably online
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in his/her own country of origin or beyond
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional University
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of the Missional University
Applicants: PLEASE APPLY AT MISSIONAL JOBS: https://missional.jobs
Please attach a letter of inquiry, curriculum vitae, and three references.