The School of Theological Studies at Missional University invites applications for an online faculty position in Cultural Theology. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Theology and be prepared to teach undergraduate upper division and graduate level courses. Applicants may teach online from anywhere on the globe and do not have to have US residency, but must be fluent in English and have a stable internet connection. Applicants must have practical missions experience in a cross-cultural context.
Since Missional University is dedicated to training grassroots missional leaders in the evangelical tradition, administrative staff and faculty members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority world scholars, ethnic minorities, and recent doctoral graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional information about Missional University may be seen at http://missional.university.
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicants must have practical Christian missions experience within their own country or beyond. Applicants must have a strong orientation to relating Cultural Theology courses to biblical foundations and the missio Dei [mission of God] in Christian scripture and practice.
The Professor of Cultural Theology will teach courses relating theology and culture to mission, such as:
- Intro to Theology and Culture
- Theology of Beauty
- Theology of Media & Communication
- Theology of Storytelling
- Technotheology & the Missio Dei
Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of eLearning courses to equip Christian believers to apply theology to cultural issues faced in their work in mission agencies, denominational agencies, churches and other faith-based and non-profit organizations. The successful applicant will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with an instructional technologist to design, develop and deploy his or her own courses. Course development will begin immediately upon hire.
- Doctoral degree in Theology (Ph.D.) with a focus on the application of theology to culture from an accredited (recognized by the US Department of Education or international equivalent) university or seminary
- Teaching experience, preferably online
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in a vulnerable and underserved community
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional University
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of the Missional University
Notice to Applicants: Please attach a letter of inquiry, curriculum vitae, and three references.
In your letter of inquiry, please explain your Christian faith commitment and international / missions experience. Thank you!
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE TEACHING EXPERIENCE AND DOCTORATE IN THEOLOGY TO BE CONSIDERED (Ph.D. or equivalent required).
DMin and EdD APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. THANK YOU.