The School of Theological Studies at Missional University invites applications for an online faculty position in Ecotheology teaching these courses:
- Ecotheology and the Missio Dei
- Theology of Creation & Stewardship
- Theology of the Land and Environment
- Theology of the Built Environment
- Theology of Hope and the New Creation
Applicants must have graduate degrees both in theology and in some area of study related to environmental studies from an accredited university or seminary (one must be a PhD), experience teaching in higher education, publications in ecotheology, and international field experiences. (EDUCATION TERMINAL DEGREES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED) Applicants may teach online from anywhere on the globe and do not have to have US residency, but must be fluent in English and have a stable internet connection.
Since the Missional University is dedicated to training grassroots missional leaders in the evangelical tradition, administrative staff and faculty members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority world scholars, ethnic minorities, and recent doctoral graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional information about Missional University may be seen at http://missional.university.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate practical international or intercultural missions experience within their own country or beyond. Applicants must have a strong orientation to relating environmental studies to biblical/theological content and to the missio dei in the Christian scripture.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of elearning courses to equip Christian believers to use environmental studies in their work in mission agencies, denominational agencies, churches and other faith-based and non-profit organizations. The successful applicant will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with an instructional technologist to design, develop and deploy his or her own courses. Course development will begin immediately upon hire. Course development will begin immediately upon hire.
Qualifications and Skills
- Two graduate degrees, one of which must be a Ph.D. from an accredited university or seminary:
— Graduate degree in theology
— Graduate degree in some environmental studies related area
(DMin and Education terminal degrees will not be considered)
- Experience in environmental mission
- Publications in the area of ecotheology
- Teaching experience, preferably online
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in his/her own country of origin or beyond
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional University
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of the Missional University
Applicants: PLEASE APPLY AT MISSIONAL JOBS: https://missional.jobs
Please attach a letter of inquiry, curriculum vitae, and three references.
In your letter of inquiry, please explain your Christian faith commitment and international / missions experience. Thank you!