The Missional College at Missional University invites applications for an online faculty position in Missionary Anthropology teaching courses in the application of cultural anthropology in mission contexts such as:
- Anthropology of Development
- Anthropology for Global Engagement
- Anthropology for Christian Witness
- Ethnographic Research Methods
Applicants must have a DMiss or Ph.D. with a focus in Cultural Anthropology or related field with a significant background in cross-cultural missions. Applicants may teach online from anywhere on the globe and do not have to have US residency, but must be fluent in English and have a stable internet connection.
Since the Missional University is dedicated to training grassroots missional leaders in the evangelical tradition, administrative staff and faculty members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority world scholars, ethnic minorities, and recent doctoral graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional information about Missional University may be seen at http://missional.university.
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicants must have practical missions experience within their own country or beyond. Applicants must have a strong orientation to relating cultural anthropology courses to biblical foundations and the missio dei in scripture.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of cultural anthropology and qualitative research eLearning courses to equip Christian believers to serve in cross-cultural contexts in mission and denominational agencies, churches and other faith-based and non-profit organizations. The successful applicant will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with an instructional technologist to design, develop and deploy his or her own courses. Course development will begin immediately upon hire. Course development will begin immediately upon hire.
Qualifications and Skills
- Doctoral degree in Cultural Anthropology or a related field (Ph.D. or DMiss) from an accredited university
- Practical anthropological field experience
- Teaching experience, preferably online
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in his/her own country of origin or beyond
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional University
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of the Missional University
Applicants: PLEASE APPLY AT MISSIONAL JOBS: https://missional.jobs
Please attach a letter of inquiry, curriculum vitae, and three references.
In your letter of inquiry, please explain your Christian faith commitment and international / missions experience. Thank you!